Summary of course: The amount of personal data being held by organisations has dramatically increased over recent years and continues to increase. The Data Protection Act aims to balance the rights of individuals to privacy with the legitimate interests of organisations to ‘process’ personal data.
On the 25th May 2018 the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) come in to force, superseding the Data Protection Act 1998. We will be launching a new course prior to then which will tell you all you need to know. If you want more details please call 01782 757001 for more details.
In the meantime, our Data Protection – the essentials course will include an overview of the forthcoming changes.
Course content: This Data protection and confidentiality course focuses on:
- An overview of the Data Protection Act
- The key principles of data protection
- Key terms explained
- Personal and sensitive data
- ICO’S role
- The importance of data security and ‘Data Subject’ rights
- When personal information can be shared.