Summary of course: In the current economic climate, every penny counts. Disrepair is traditionally an area of significant spend for social housing providers. A critical element in keeping costs down is to minimise the risk of disrepair claims against the landlord. We will investigate the key distinctions between disrepair and improvements and potential defences against disrepair for the landlord organisation.
Course content: This Disrepair – Is your house in order online training course focuses on:
- Main statutory controls for repair and safety in housing
- Understanding disrepair including responsibility and impact
- Consequences of non-compliance and potential defences to a disrepair claim
- Legislation relating to disrepair and importance of related legislative duties
- Tenancy agreement and tenant handbooks on repair responsibilities.