Summary of course: The definition of a drug is a substance that alters the way in which the body or mind works. This term applies to alcohol and drugs controlled under the Misuse of Drugs Act 1971, the Medicines Act 1968 and the Psychoactive Substances Act 2016.
You will learn about a variety of substances from Crack to Spice and many more in-between. Hear first-hand from recovering addicts about the hold substances can have, and how they broke the habit. This course will increase your understanding of substances, how they are abused and the devastating effects.
Course content: This drug and alcohol awareness online training course focuses on:
- Legal, social and health implications of drug and alcohol misuse
- Alcohol strengths, units and health implications of alcohol consumption
- The different categories drugs fall in to, including depressants, stimulants and hallucinogens
- Street names, what they look like, how they are consumed, how the user feels, short and long-term effects on the body
- Signposting to support organisations.