Summary of course: Engagement and participation continues to be key area of work in the voluntary and community sector. Active participation creates an environment in which staff, volunteers, service users and community members are involved in the development and shaping of services delivered to them.
This course is for anyone who wants to encourage and support individuals and communities to engage. The skills and understanding developed will enable a more robust approach to engagement and participation.
Course content: This engagement and participation skills course focuses on:
- The concepts of engagement and participation
- Understanding skills, knowledge and support needed by people in active participation roles
- Creating an environment which encourages engagement and participation
- The need for quality monitoring and evaluation of engagement practice
- Activities that can be used in engagement and participation.