Summary of course: Equality and diversity in the workplace and wider society is governed by The Equality Act 2010. This is the law which bans unjust or prejudicial treatment and helps achieve equal opportunities, promote diversity and set out what is classed as discrimination.
Course content: This Equality and Diversity course focuses on:
- What is meant by equality and diversity
- Understanding the terms with which you should be familiar
- What is meant by direct and indirect discrimination
- Personal assumptions and attitudes
- Current legislation
- Defining your responsibilities.