Summary of course: EU Regulation 852/2004 Hygiene for Foodstuffs requires food businesses to ensure that staff who handle food are supervised, instructed and trained in food hygiene and safety in a way that is appropriate to the work they do.
Food hygiene/safety training means that staff have an understanding of and are trained in recognising the conditions and measures necessary to ensure the safety of food from production to consumption. This food hygiene in catering online training course is aimed at anyone who handles food and drink within in a catering/ hospitality environment, including; restaurants, schools, colleges, fast food/takeaway outlet, restaurants, bars, cafes, etc.
Course content: This food hygiene in catering online training course focuses on:
- The importance of food hygiene and safety
- Personal responsibilities for food safety
- Personal hygiene and cleanliness
- Food borne illnesses
- Contamination prevention measures; including safe temperatures, storage and good hygiene practices
- HACCP food safety management system.