Summary of course: This course is designed for those with health and safety responsibilities. Manual handling injuries account for more than a third of all workplace accidents reported each year. Understanding the principles of manual handling and what you as an employer should do to protect your employees, will reduce the risk of your organisation adding to the statistics.
Course content: This manual handling for managers course focuses on:
- Legislation; employers and employees responsibilities
- Risks and common injuries
- Types of hazards
- Risk reduction
- Risk control hierarchy
- How to undertake a MAC assessment
- Completing a TILE assessment
- Manual handling aids
- Manual handling techniques.