Summary of course: Staff may have contact with adults who are at risk of physical, mental or economic abuse. What to look for, how to respond and what to disclose to other agencies are difficult and sensitive issues which can appear overwhelming to staff who have not had training in this vital area.
This course is for all staff whose work brings them directly into contact with adults, and for managers and supervisors responsible for supervising and supporting staff in their day-to-day work.
Course content: This safeguarding adults’ online training course focuses on:
- The different forms that abuse can take
- Ways in which people may be susceptible to abuse
- The legislative framework surrounding safeguarding
- Responding professionally to disclosure
- Reporting incidents to statutory agencies and the police
- Keeping and maintaining confidential records
- Protecting your staff.