Summary of course: The importance of safeguarding children cannot be over-emphasised. All organisations with staff who have contact with families, children or carers must develop a systemic awareness of the key issues, responsibilities and boundaries and embed this understanding in their service delivery.
This course is for all staff whose work brings them directly into contact with children, families or carers, and for managers and team leaders responsible for supervising and supporting in their day-to-day work.
Course content: This safeguarding children awareness online training course focuses on:
- The impact of the Children’s Act 2004 and the statutory guidance
- The signs and symptoms of abuse in children
- The potential behaviour indicators associated with different forms of abuse
- Examples of family circumstances in which risks most commonly arise
- How to respond professionally and appropriately to a disclosure of abuse
- Keeping and maintaining confidential records
- Links to be forged with other agencies.