Summary of course: Safeguarding is everyone’s business. Every organisation must appoint a designated person to lead on this responsibility and support staff who encounter safeguarding issues in the course of their work. The role of designated person can be challenging and unfamiliar to many, but is vital in protecting the organisation, its staff and the people you work with.
Course content: This safeguarding designated person course focuses on:
- Identifying key skills and requirements for the role
- The critical elements of a training audit and how to conduct one
- The role and responsibilities of the designated person within the organisation
- What support staff need and how to provide it
- Engaging with the local safeguarding board
- Linking with external agencies to support the designated person.